- Attach tape measure firmly to topping lift at a point 12″ above the boom. From there measure forward to the top of the mainsail at the sail track, then forward to the tack of the mainsail at the intersection of top of boom and the back of the mast. DO NOT PULL, DEFLECT, BEND the topping lift forward when you do this or your dimension (and the cover) will end up too short. Best to super tighten the mainsheet to load up the topping lift before measuring.
- Now measure from top of the boom, at the mast, to the top of furled sail, at the mast. DO NOT ADD ANYTHING—we will add to your measurement to make room at the top.
- If you want a really nice installation, or don’t have a topping lift, we offer a stand-up bracket that mounts at the end of the boom, The cover is tied to this instead of the topping lift. Standard bracket is $89, Tall bracket is $99.
- We will add a flap to the length dimension so that it will install just onto the mast by about two to three inches. we assume there is no obstruction in this area.
Approximate Mainsail hoist (P dimension)
(or name and size of stock boat and rig (std, tall, etc.)
Measurements: A B C
Foot Configuration: D
- Is your main attached to your boom with slides? If so, enter “1” above.
- Does your main attach to the boom with a bolt rope? If so, enter “2” above.
- Is your main loose footed? If so, enter “3” above, then tell us which of the following slides will fit into your boom.
If it is a flat slide, measure the width and then enter the number from this table.
Width : 5/8″, 3/4″, 7/8″
Enter : F 5/8, F 3/4, F 7/8
If it is a round slide, measure the width and then enter the number from this table.
Width : 7/16″, 3/8″, 9/16″
Enter : R 7/16, R 3/8, R 9/16
- If your slide does not appear here, don’t worry – just give us a call.
Sunbrella color:(Pacific Blue, Forest Green, Navy, etc.)
|3129 SE Dominica Terr.
Stuart, FL 34997Toll Free: 800-428-1384